Experience the Journey


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our amazing God!



Our God is an awesome God! He continues to show us His mighty power, so many times during each day! Today began a little tougher than the previous few....with a few team members having stomach pains and feeling nauseaous (incluidng myself!)! While driving to the slums, there were 3 of us in one car not feeling well, with one of the team members on the verge of vomitting during the drive. We immediately prayed for God's healing hands to come over us, and any other team members not feeling well, so that we could continue to do His work in the slums. An hour later, we were ALL feeling much better - God healed!
Jason went to the local pharmacy to buy some supplies, but they had a limited number of supplies. Jason was concerned because he knew it would not be enough! Well, at the end of the day, we still had extra left over! It has been amazing!

Yesterday we were able to visit the part of the slums where "our kids" (those from the school we are working at) lived, and where the water pumps were instsalled. It was amazing to see where they live, and the conditions of their living. It made the previous day seem like "The Ritz". These home were made of thatch, not concrete. With the rain we've had, their area was a huge mud pit, filled with mosquitos and garbage. YET, the children and families were happy. We were greeted with many smiles, and laughter. In fact, the kids were running into their homes to put on their school uniforms so that we would recognize them (even though we already had recognized them). I even met a mom who had twins, and they were so beautiful! I then had to imagine her going through her pregnancy with twins, with no medical care, giving birth in her small thatch house, with no medical attention for the twins or her. No epidural. No pain killers.

Today was a great day, though the most emotional for me. A mom brought in her 11 month of daughter to the medical clinic and the baby was not doing well. She looked like a newborn, weighing no more than 6-7 pounds. She couldn not support her neck. Her legs were as thick (or should I say "as thin") as my thumb. When we lifted her shirt, you could see each rib! She was extremely malnourished and developmentally behind that my heart broke for her, almost losing my breath at the thought of her dying in the near future due to her malnutrition.

Through all of the emotions, I keep my eyes on Jesus! I KNOW that all I can do is continue to love the children, families, workers and people of India! God will take care of everything else!

Tomorrow, Thursday, is our last full day with the children of Shah Abad. I will be presenting the Gospel message to them during their story time, and ask for your prayers. I pray that the words of my mouth are those of God, not of me! I look forward to sharing tomorrow night, and posting more pictures then!

Delilah