Experience the Journey


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Reality of half a world away hits...

As we spent our first day out in the city of New Delhi, we struggled through extreme heat as we worshipped, played games and did crafts with the kids. They were so happy to see us, they had already come up with songs to sing us with smiles and hugs, it was right then that I knew God had sent us to the right place.

In the afternoon, we visited the slums outside of New Delhi, this is a site I could never imagine has a place on our earth, until you see it upfront and personnel. In the photo you'll see that a water truck pulled up to the slum area and as the locals heard the sound of the truck, they all came running. In a matter of 5 minutes, there were about 175-200 men, women, children trying to get as much fresh water for there family as they could. I thought to myself, I cannot believe this is happening on our planet in the 21st century. A feeling of taking things for granted overwhelmed me like no other. I pray that our trip here can complete the tasks of bringing Jesus to all that will hear us and fresh drinking water to the incredibally wunderful and greatful poeple of the Slums.

8.11.2008 - Billy Z.
God's Speed!!!

1 comment:

casata said...

What can you say? We have so much and appreciate so little...